Recommended text for the ACAP courses, Business Law and Credit Law.
From the Publisher's Website:
Discover the excitement of cutting-edge business law as BUSINESS LAW TODAY: COMPREHENSIVE, 11E includes a wide selection of intriguing new cases and thorough coverage of the latest developments in the field. This successful textbook ensures the study of business law is both appealing and relevant without sacrificing the legal credibility and comprehensive coverage that have made the text a trusted favorite. Each chapter offers visually engaging, time-tested learning tools to illustrate how law is applied to real-world business problems. See how landmark cases, statutes, and other laws significantly impact the way businesses today operate both within the United States and across the globe.
UNIT 1: THE LEGAL ENVIRONMENT OF BUSINESS.
1. The Legal Environment.
2. Constitutional Law.
3. Courts and Alternative Dispute Resolution.
4. Tort Law.
5. Product Liability.
6. Intellectual Property Rights.
7. Internet Law, Social Media, and Privacy.
8. Criminal Law and Cyber Crime.
9. Business Ethics.
UNIT 2: CONTRACTS AND E-CONTRACTS.
10. Nature and Classification.
13. Capacity and Legality.
14. Voluntary Consent.
15. The Statute of Frauds-Writing Requirement.
16. Performance and Discharge.
17. Breach and Remedies.
18. Third Party Rights.
19. International Law in a Global Economy.
UNIT 3: COMMERCIAL TRANSACTIONS.
20. The Formation of Sales and Lease Contracts.
21. Title and Risk of Loss.
22. Performance and Breach of Sales and Lease Contracts.
23. Negotiable Instruments.
24. Banking in the Digital Age.
25. Security Interests and Creditors' Rights.
UNIT 4: AGENCY AND EMPLOYMENT LAW.
27. Agency Relationships in Business.
28. Employment, Immigration, and Labor Law.
29. Employment Discrimination.
UNIT 5: BUSINESS ORGANIZATIONS.
30. Sole Proprietorships and Franchises.
31. All Forms of Partnership.
32. Limited Liability Companies and Special Business Forms.
33. Corporate Formation and Financing.
34. Corporate Directors, Officers, and Shareholders.
35. Corporate Mergers, Takeovers, and Termination.
36. Investor Protection, Insider Trading, and Corporate Governance.
UNIT 6: GOVERNMENT REGULATION.
37. Administrative Law.
38. Antitrust Law and Promoting Competition.
39. Consumer Law and Environmental Law.
40. Liability of Accountants and Other Professionals.
Unit 7: Property and Its Protection.
41. Personal Property and Bailments.
42. Real Property and Landlord-Tenant Law.
43. Insurance, Wills, and Trusts.
A. How to Brief Cases and Analyze Case Problems.
B. The Constitution of the United States.
C. The Uniform Commercial Code (Excerpts).
D. Answers to the Issue Spotters.
E. Answers to the Even-Numbered Learning Objectives Check Questions.
F. Sample Answers for Business Case Problems with Sample Answer.
G. Case Excerpts for Case Analysis Questions.